Last Prayer Letter 2017

2017 has been one of the best years ministering in Mexico. I thank God for allowing me to serve alongside my lovely little wife.
In January 2017, my wife and I were called to serve at La Huerta School of Missions and Pastoral Training in La Paz, Mexico. Moving down here was one of the best decisions we have made. The first 8 months were full of challenges and preparation. The 3 months after that were even more difficult, since the school was up and running; students were finally on campus. We now are ready to see them go on their first missionary practice. Some will be serving here in La Paz, others in Guadalajara, VizcaĆ­no, Ensenada, and one student will even go to Canada!
It has been amazing to see how the Lord has been teaching these students. As I’ve been watching them grow, the Lord has placed a desire in my heart to know His Word in a deeper way.
The past few years I have been learning many things. I have been learning the ins-and-outs of ministry. I have been learning the culture and the language. I was able to meet my beautiful wife and now I have been feeling a call to go to Bible College and have a deeper understanding of God’s Word. I want to be able to serve God as best as I can, and I want to be spiritually prepared for whatever plans the Lord may have for me.
In January 2018 our school will be starting a new program for those who want to be missionaries or pastors, but have not yet attended a bible college. My wife and I are praying to see if I should begin this course in January.
If we decide to start bible college, I will still have to keep up with my duties as a leader in the church as well as any other responsibilities I have here on staff at the school. So, this will be a very busy time for me and my wife.
We ask that you may join us in prayer as the Lord shows us what the next step will be. We have counted the cost of what this decision will bring to our family, but it cannot compare to the investment in the kingdom of God; to be able to share His word effectively to others in a foreign language and continue to work on my personal relationship with Him.
Thank you all for your constant love, prayers and support.
Love, The Bedley’s – La Paz, Mexico

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Newsletter

JANUARY 2019

GRADUATING FROM BIBLE COLLEGE